Something Senseless, Part Two

Since "Something Senseless" was the most fun blog writing of late, I've decided to post a second installment. If you didn't enjoy the first one, you should probably stop reading...now. If you're curious to see if this one will be more enlightening than the last, you'll have to forge ahead.

And so, some more stuff you probably didn't know:

1. I have a guitar, but I never learned how to play it.

2. At a family reunion, I was stung on the nose (more specifically, almost inside my nose) by a yellowjacket. My nose got all sorts of swollen, and I spent the rest of the day reclining in a lawn chair and watching people stare at me.

3. At a junior high slumber party, I attacked a closet door in my sleep. Apparently, everyone else watched while I punched the door until I woke up. They were all very amused.

4. I have a cousin (sixth, I think) who's also named Melissa, is my age, and looks a lot like me. Her mother looked like my 7th grade English teacher. We've never met.

5. I am currently reading A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius. I'm kind of surprised that I can't stop reading it.

6. As a child, I loved omelettes but refused to eat scrambled eggs.

7. I am already a published author. In fourth grade, our Gifted and Talented class project was to write and illustrate a book, which we then shipped off to someone who turned them into real, hard-cover, dust-jacket books with our pictures and bios on the back flap.

8. My book was about a dinosaur who doesn't have any friends. The drawings were really, really awful.

9. In fourth grade I wanted to be a vet. When I found out being a vet included dealing with big animals like cows and horses, I changed my mind.

10. I've never had hot coffee.

11. I want to see DMB in concert before I die (hopefully a long, long time before).

12. I think scars are cool.

13. This is the point where I remember this isn't as easy as it seems.

14. I have a hard time saying no to people.

15. I am just beginning to realize how much my parents have done for me.

16. I love crossword puzzles.

17. I don't like biscuits and gravy, which may be evidence that I was switched at birth and/or abducted by aliens at some point. My substitute breakfast on b & g days: a sausage sandwich (two sausage patties and white bread...yum).

18. The first time anyone called me Mel was 7th grade. People have been mistakenly calling me Michelle since fourth grade.

19. I have a weakness for decorating magazines.

20. I do not like the word sop.

21. My handwriting is one of my favorite things about myself.

22. I've only been to 15 states.

23. During my senior year of high school, I fractured my foot when my best friend ran over it with his car.

24. People who are always loud make me very uncomfortable.

2 comments:

    On 30/8/05 20:11 Anonymous said...

    Most people have a weakness for decorating walls or blank canvases, something of that nature. I understand though... to spice things up, you might consider decorating a newspaper or two.

     
    On 13/9/05 11:22 Mel said...

    It really is too late. Fourth grade me didn't know there was a difference, but the older me discovered that I was too squeamish and didn't like science that much. But it's nice to know that someone thinks there's still hope for me.

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum