Enough About Me

So enough about me. Let's talk about the book!

I've made a lot of progress in the last month. I still have doubts, of course. I think the story's a good one, but I know in its current state it is not the best it can be. My goal is to complete the second draft before the end of the year. I already see a third draft in my future because there are things I haven't addressed in the second draft (verb tense consistency and the like) that must be tackled before I even think of sending it to a publisher. Then I have to think about query letters and publishers to whom I'll submit them.

I was recently introduced to another writer (and B&N employee) who's already completed one novel. We've made a deal to exchange books and discuss. Since his is finished, I'm reading it right now, and I'll turn mine over to him when I've finished this draft. He's not my target audience at all, but it will be nice to have an opinion from someone who has distance and will be able to tell me honestly what he sees.

My lease on my apartment is up in December, and I'm in search of a bigger place. If things work out, I'll be writing the third draft from a cozy little study surrounded by all of my books.

Enjoy your day...and go read a book.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum