Good Idea, Bad Idea

Good idea: Buying a slab of chocolate-laced cheesecake from the B&N café.

Bad idea: Eating said cheesecake at 1:30 in the morning.

After a night of writing and conversing at BN, I ran into my friend Debby and her husband. (Although he is a very nice person in his own right, we have never known each other well enough to be termed friends, but he also deserves to be mentioned in the story.) They invited me to meet their new kitten, and having both a weakness for kittens and conversation with Debby, I went to their apartment and stayed far longer than I should have for the late hour. When I got home, I found the only reasonably edible thing that didn’t require preparation was the cheesecake, which I purchased Friday night and was by that time just begging to be eaten (not unlike the java chip frap that left me a voicemail earlier enticing me to come drink it). If not for the fact that the cheesecake was the only thing I’d eaten in about 15 hours, I probably would have been fine. There was a little voice warning me not to pull the styrofoam box from the fridge, but I ignored it. When you have to choose between cheesecake and old Fritos, you should always choose the cheesecake.As it turned out, almost immediately after the last bite of chocolate crumb crust left the box, I regretted my choice, and Sunday was a very blah day.

In completely unrelated news, yesterday began the fast food fast. As much as it is within my power, I will refrain from fast food indulgence until mid-September. I see lots of Jamba Juice in my future. Mmmm.

Last week I put in more than 24 hours of playing time on one video game. It didn't seem like much until I saw the timer showing how many hours I sat in front of the screen. It's probably a good thing that I had to return it to Blockbuster yesterday. Can you imagine how much I'd get done on my book if spent 24 hours a week on it? Maybe that will be this week's goal.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum