Holiday Recovery

For the few who stumble upon this blog, you may have noticed an absence of new material lately. The truth is that events of a blog-worthy nature have been rare these last couple of weeks, and most days I was too busy at work or too bored at work to come over and add new material.

Last weekend was my first free weekend in a couple of months. By that I mean that I had no roommate and/or friend around which to plan my free time. My apartment was very quiet, except for the car alarm that went off for a couple of hours Saturday night and the fireworks on Sunday night. But I got to do the g0-where-the-mood-strikes-me thing on Saturday afternoon, which meant that I hit an antique store, Ulta, Wal-mart, and Best Buy. It also means that I went to the mall, but when I didn't feel like dealing with the scores of people, I left without even getting out of my car and didn't have to feel bad about dragging anyone with me or being dragged around by anyone else.

That's not to say I didn't look forward to the return of said roommate and friend, and we all had a good time last night when they came back. It is nice to know that I can take a few days and not have to worry about anyone but me.

And now for the required Wheel of Time update:

I am still wading through Book 3, mostly because I took my "Me Weekend" to do a lot of things besides read. If I tried really hard, I could probably finish by tomorrow. I don't know why I'm struggling with this one so much. And it wasn't even the whole book that was beating me; it's probably only been the second half. I read about 100 pages over the weekend, but I couldn't tell you half of what happened, and I don't know why. I think the distraction of being all alone did me in. There were too many things calling to me, and I listened to them instead.

I will definitely have to take a short commercial break after I finish 3, although I have been told by my resident WoT expert that the last pages of the book are some mighty fine ones. I have at least four other books that I've been wanting to read, and I really shouldn't even start those until I put in some more editing time. Why can't I just find the happy medium?

Enjoy your day.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum