Potter Mania

Ugh.

Last night I went to the local BN Harry Potter Party. I didn't expect so many people (even though a BN employee warned me it might get ugly.) I showed up at 10 and was slightly offended. The parking lot was full. That never happens. What were all these people doing in my store?

Truthfully, I wanted to go just to see how many people would show up. I can read all the news stories they print, but until I see 800 people (who probably have nothing but Harry Potter in common) cram into a store for several hours straight just waiting for one book. The plethera of Harry Potter glasses and the New Year's Eve-like countdown to midnight was impressive. It's nice to know that books are still impressing people.

I probably won't be reading the new book for a while. It's been too long since I read the last one, and I don't remember exactly what happened. I definitely need a refresher course before taking on Number Six.

I've been up since 6:30 this morning...that's just too much sunshine for a Saturday.

And now that I'm officially rambling, it's time to end this.

Enjoy your day.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum