Except That One Time

Day 20 of no soda, cola, pop, or whatever you choose to call it.

I really miss Mountain Dew.

It wasn't so bad at first. It wasn't even so bad in the middle, but now that I'm only 10 days shy of the goal, the ghosts of Mountain Dews past are visiting me on a regulary basis, and if I sit quietly for just a couple of seconds, I can remember the taste of that wonderful drink.

It doesn't help matters that part of my job is to keep inventory on our office sodas and restock the vending machine. Yeah, I've touched a couple of hundred soda cans this month, but I haven't been able to enjoy them.

I could just satisfy my needs and take one from the fridge in the breakroom right now. I could feel the cold liquid slide down my throat in that refreshing way it does. I could...

You know, saying that I gave up carbonated beverages for a month doesn't sound as impressive when you have to add, "except for that one day, when I guzzled down three in a fit of madness".

All this talk of liquids made me thirsty, so I've taken a lemonade break.

Hey! Someone brought us bagels. Maybe it won't be a bad day after all.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum