It's a Mac!

Arrival Date: July 14, 2005
Time: 3:00 p.m. CST
Weight: 14 kg
Size: 12" 1.2 GHz
Name: To Be Determined

My new computer arrived! I ordered it on Tuesday, and by the Thursday afternoon the little box o' joy had made its journey from California to Oklahoma. The oh-so-proud parent is me. The godfather will probably be JB, since he gave advice and is patient enough to explain computer things I don't understand. And of course, I will be the first to tell you that my iBook G4 is the most beautiful one in the world. It's just so...smooth! Celebrate with me! Have a bubblegum CD! Don't be surprised if pics of the new addition pop up later.

I got tired of trying to work on the novel at my office or on this sad old loaner laptop (the keyboard didn't really work; I had to hook another keyboard to it just to use the silly thing). After lots of months of saying that I'd get one of my own and one late night conversation with my resident computer whiz, I committed several hundred of my yet-to-be-earned dollars and lots of my free time to this little gem. Now I can work on the novel just about anywhere. And I can finally make good on my promise to send pages to my far away friend (they're coming, Loraine, I promise!).

I've had very little Apple experience, and what little I did have was several years ago. This really will be like being a new parent; I'm going to have to learn how to handle it. I just hope I don't make it cry.

Enjoy your day.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum