Day 26

It's July 26, and that means 26 days since my last carbonated delight. I'm now looking to the end rather than looking from the beginning. It's gone by more quickly than I expected. For a few days last week, I even forgot the ban entirely, as if this abstintion was something natural. On Sunday I was thirsty and thought, there's a coke machine just down the hall, I'll get something there. And then I reminded myself that I'm not drinking cokes right now, and opted for the lemonade instead. (Speaking of lemonade, I'm convinced that nobody makes a good lemonade in a bottle. I've tried several brands, but none of them seem right. Minute Maid is probably the best of the ones I've had, but I still prefer the powdered stuff I mix up at the office. If anyone has a suggestion for a better brand, I'm willing to try it.)

Strangely enough, I really want to have a celebratory Mountain Dew on my first day back. I know it's a bit odd to celebrate my ban with the very thing I've been banning, but I just think of it as a reward. Shortly before my ban, I tried some Coke Zero. Okay, it's obviously not the same as regular Coke, but wasn't that the point? I imagine I'll probably keep a bottle of Zero around for emergency situations.

If you've also tried giving something up recently, I congratulate you. If you're looking to August with dread because you've determined to make a big change, I wish you the best.

Enjoy your day.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum