Carbonation Liberation

Today is my seventh coke-free day in a row.

By "coke" I mean those fantastically fizzy beverages I love so much, including Coca-cola, Dr. Pepper, and (my favorite addiction by far) Mountain Dew. I can't remember the last time I intentionally went a single day without one of these carbonated wonders, let alone seven days in a row.

If you frequent Fark.com, you may have seen the story on the Roanoke Times writer who's keeping an online journal of his 30-day carbonation fast. Fascinated by people who do such gutsy things, I read all the entries (he was about two weeks into it when I read them) and was inspired to do the same. And since July 1st was right in front of me, I decided to start then, because I'm convinced that 30-day goals are easier when contained in a single month.

Until now, I've only told a handful of people about my abstinence. It's not that there's anything wrong with sharing. There was just something invigorating about the secrecy of the project.

Even if you're not in the mood to give anything up right now, this makes for some good reading:

http://www.roanoke.com/extra/deprivation.html

Enjoy your day.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum