Water Woes

I can tell I've been drinking a lot of water lately because I actually have a preference of one brand over another. Thankfully we have two water options at the office, because if I had to live with Dasani stuff alone, I would probably have given up on my no-coke ban days ago. (I don't think the distaste for Dasani stems from the fact that it's a Coca-cola product. In fact, I am a little disappointed in them. What's with that funky taste? It's just water! Water shouldn't be difficult!)

So here I am at Day 14 of my carbonation-free month, and I'm not ashamed to pat myself on the back on this one. The truth is that my willpower is generally as strong as creamed spinach, and giving up something for two weeks (or even two days) is not something I do easily. I won't lie to you and say I don't miss my soda friends. I've loved Mountain Dew for longer than I can remember, and there are few better things than a cherry Dr. Pepper from Sonic to ease the summer heat. But I haven't had any dreams of fizzy drinks yet, so I think I'll be okay.

A friend at church told me last night that she'd seen my previous entry and asked me how I was doing. That gave me the extra boost to see this thing through. Time for another trip to the water cooler.

On a completely different note, I am expecting a very exciting arrival this afternoon. I will probably think about little else for the next 3 hours. More on this later.

Enjoy your day.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum