Snow Cone Season

I don't know what I'm going to write about here, but the blogging itch has returned, and so here I am.

It's snow cone season, and that makes me happy. Last summer brought the discovery of a lovely little place and many happy evenings of summer snow. (This particular stand, for those of you who are locals, is near 15th and Kelly. Buy 8, get the 9th one free!) They say they have Oklahoma's finest snow cones. I don't know if that's true, but it is pretty dang good stuff. As a girl who spent two summers pouring syrup on icy domes, I know what it takes to make a quality snow cone. I'm pretty sure delivery is out of the question, but if you're ever in town, I recommend the half-and-half Raspberry/Lime.

Read another 50 pages of Book One. Not as many as I would have liked, but other things took precedent, like a blog reward dinner and snow cones. After getting back, I sat down with the manuscript and worked for a solid hour. How much editing can I do in an hour? Two pages! That doesn't sound like much, but I added a lot more than I took out, and it was good work. At this pace, I'll never get through the whole thing in a month, but I'm okay with that.

People are generally surprised when I tell them it will take two or three more drafts and several months before I start looking for a publisher. I don't know if this is because I wrote the first draft in 30 days or they think first drafts are perfect, but I don't get it. Good books take time, people! And even if this turns out to be a lousy book...well, those take time, too.

On a completely different note, I have become a huge fan of internet radio, specifically Live365.com. Free membership with minimal advertising spots (and only brief ones for itself or cds). Best of all, I have found a station that plays mostly DMB and very few other songs I don't like. And one of my new favorites, Steady as We Go, just played as I was writing this, so I thought I'd mention it.

Enjoy your day.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum