Second Chance

After downright begging from a certain boy I know, I have decided to give The Wheel of Time series a second chance.

If you've never heard of WoT, I can't really help you there, except to say that Book Eleven is due out in October, and a handful of people are excited about it.

The first time the boy tried to talk me into getting wrapped up in the ridiculously long series of superchunky novels, I finally gave in and read the Book One. I think this was around December '03, if my near-failing memory has any juice left. I read it, but wasn't as impressed as he thought I should be. Book Two was at my disposal, but I only got a few pages into it before shelving it. Sure, there were good things about the book, but something about it just didn't sit well with me, so I didn't feel the need to keep reading. (For those of you who are offended by my reaction to the book, I promise to make notes this time around.)

Seventy pages down, seven hundred-something to go.

Wish me luck.

Enjoy your day.

1 comments:

    On 6/6/05 15:14 Anonymous said...

    Begging?
    Handful?!
    GOOD THINGS?!?!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum