Snail Mail

It's been a pretty good day, but our mail delivery, or lack thereof, has been extremely frustrating this week, being ridiculously late or completely nonexistent every day this week. We rely heavily on the USPS to carry stuff all over the state between clients, contractors, and agencies, and people around here get really cranky when the mail doesn't show up on time, not to mention when it doesn't come at all. Our suspicion is that the current source of problem is a stand-in for our regular delivery person. I daresay the postal service is one of the most important institutions we have, and they should be more reliable. Last week, a letter was returned to us-- one of those undeliverable for unknown reasons. The postmark was last November, so the thing had been circulating who-knows-where for at least six months. I don't think that's reasonable at all.

Disclaimer: if you, kind reader, are a postal worker, please do not misunderstand my complaint. I do not think that all postal workers are incompetent. I just think it's time that the system stepped up.

In other news, I've passed the 300-page mark in Book One. I can't believe I'm trying so hard to read a book that I didn't really like the first time around. I must be crazy.

Enjoy your weekend.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum