Boring

In recent days I have been accused of having a boring blog. That shouldn’t come as a surprise to most of you, as I am a fairly boring person when not surrounded by other more interesting people. You know who you are. Isn’t it possible that I am meant to balance things out? I would like to think that this is true to a certain extent, or that someday I will find my interesting times were not all bunched up in the last two years of college.

I’m in a relatively bad mood this morning, and I don’t like it at all. Contrary to what you may be thinking, I don’t get any satisfaction and/or pleasure from bad moods. I don’t know whether to blame it on girly horomones or recent lack of sleep, but either way, it’s downright unpleasant.

“Lack” may be the wrong word; I’ve been sleeping enough, but not well, and most of my dreams have consisted of long, arduous chases away from murdering fiends. So far, none of them have caught me, but that's probably going to change. I’m not sure what brought them on, but they make me feel like I’ve slept for a couple of hours instead of seven or eight.

This morning after hitting the snooze button more times than I should have, I finally turned on the TV and tried to get ready. The first thing I saw was a commercial for Ruby Tuesday, and it made me think of my favorite Loraine and my recent vacation excursion to Tennessee. (For those of you who are as clueless as I was, it’s a restaurant chain that we Oklahomans have not been privileged to experience. And yes, it’s named after the song, which I had never heard until I was in Tennessee.) Ah, Tennessee. Nice state. Good weather. The biggest used book/cd/dvd store I’ve ever seen. Those Knoxville folk are lucky to have such a wonderful store as McKay’s. Any place where I can buy a decent book for two bucks and a cd for eight is okay in my book.

I’m sure this blog is as snooze-worthy as the others, but that’s not the point. I guess it’s really just a cheap excuse for an apology to those of you who have: a) had to endure my boring writing, or b) been subjected to my foul moods of late, or c) all of the above.

And so, the first person to mention this blog to me (either by phone or in person) will win a free dinner just for making it to the end.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum