Ode to a Tennis Ball

If soreness is any indication of improvement, I have advanced quite a bit this week. I find it a bit odd that after playing on Wednesday night, I never ache on Thursday. Is this delay normal for the sport, or is my body just slower than it used to be?

I'd hate to jinx it, but I think I'm getting a little better. That's not to say that I'm prepared for a real game (if anything, this week's episode should have proven that I am not anywhere close to ready). Even with good teachers, I was pretty frustrated with myself on Wednesday. I missed balls I should have hit. The backhand leaves much to be desired, too. And my flying attempts at some shots brought flashbacks of 1st grade softball practices. I still panic when a ball comes speeding at me. I guess after 20 years, my methods haven't really changed.

Enjoy your day.

1 comments:

    On 15/7/06 04:13 Anonymous said...

    Ah... the good old fashioned frustration of tennis balls flying straight through the hole in your racket. I know the feeling well. I wish I were there so I could be frustrated with you. Keep it up. A little frustration is good for the soul. Miss you!

    ~loraine

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum