Geography for the Insane

Counting Crows has been getting more airplay from me recently, especially since the new live album was released. (Right now, Goodnight Elisabeth. I love that you can hear the audience singing along.) They're not always office-appropriate, but they are very traffic- appropriate. These guys like to put a lot of geography into their songs. Here are a few places referenced in CC songs:

Miami
New Orleans
Baton Rouge
Baltimore
Omaha
Reno
Utah
Hollywood
California
Spain

Maybe they're just fans of travel, or maybe this is what happens to you when you're on the road for too long. (Now Catapult, from Across the Wire)

I wish I had the time for some real travel (translated: anything in a state that touches Oklahoma doesn't count as real travel). Europe would be ideal. Especially London, since I didn't get to see enough of it the first time. Five years ago I was there-- before everything changed.

It's not surprising that I'm so fixated on travel right now. I've got to find some place to go for next year's 1000 in 2007 campaign.

Any suggestions?

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum