Funny People Need Not Apply

Watch out, people. Seems that it's no longer acceptable to be funny on your blog.

I guess it was just a slow news day last week when someone decided that Ken Jennings took his blogging just a wee bit too far. If you've only read the news-bullies' excerpts and not the actual post, go ahead.

No really, I'll wait.

You thought it was funny, didn't you? I know you did. So did I. Even better, KJ posted both a correction and a follow-up after all the brou-ha-ha appeared.

Clearly, the guy is just having some fun. It's appalling, then, that people are posting angry comments and saying he's mean and ungrateful. I don't know who started it, but I'm inclined to blame all the papparazzi and Al Gore.

Dear Ken Jennings:

Bravo to you for bringing some good-natured humor to my daily browsings. You've made it acceptable, nay, even praiseworthy, to know lots and lots of random things. If not for folks like you, I would be afraid that the only things in this world are violence, astronomical gas prices, and cancer. I only hope that the stupidity of some brings you more devoted fans.

Sincerely,
Melonade

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum