Progress Report

Word count goal as of yesterday: 40,008.

Word count total so far: 40,167.

The curse of Week Three was lifted to sunshine and angelic choruses (actually, it was kind of cloudy and Blues Traveler was playing all weekend, but you get the idea). I had at least six hours of writing-related activity on Saturday that propelled me back on track to my somewhat ridiculous goal. Somebody was thinking when they invented Saturdays.

I also reached new levels of fun from playing Donkey Kong Junglebeat, but that's a story for another time.

I have to acknowledge that one certain bookselling friend, with his neverending supply of mostly fabricated, often unbelievable stories, was a major inspiration for a nudge in the right direction in one of my plotlines. He probably hates that since he's the one person who keeps telling me I won't finish.

I shouldn't acknowledge any assistance from him because on Saturday when we went to lunch, he pushed me into a very sharp, very angry tree, and now I have a dozen or so puncture marks on the inside of my left arm.

Let this be a lesson to you all: just as soon as you start to trust a boy again, he pushes you into a tree and proudly laughs at his evil behavior.

Sigh.

Less than 10,000 words to go and only 17 days until my vacation...

Enjoy your day.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum