Work It

People at the office keep telling me not to work too hard. I hear this a lot from one of the drafters I work with and random delivery guys. I must admit that I can’t be accused of working too hard this week. Both my boss (the engineer from whom most of my workload comes) and the administrative coordinator (the other “office girl” who does everything that I don’t) were out all week on vacation, and other folks were out here and there through the week. Basically, it was the most boring week I’ve had since I started this job. The phones were pretty quiet (partially due to Spring Break, I’m sure), and it’s not one of our busy times, so I was actually desperate for work. Usually I love Thursdays because they are generally less hectic than the other four days of the week and it’s a nice balance, but this week was like having five Thursdays in a row. I hate leaving my office at night with the feeling that I didn’t accomplish anything. It’s very frustrating to know that the biggest moment of the day was proofreading angry letters to contractors who can’t get their act together or trying to give directions to our office over the phone. I’m really looking forward to the day when I won’t be responsible for answering the phones and licking envelopes. I hope that day comes soon.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum