One Day to Go!

Tomorrow is the day! My race to 50,000 words will officially begin tomorrow. I am just about to explode from the excitement that's built up in the last four days. The fantastic thing about my writing process is that it's as much of a discovery for me as I write as it is for those who get to read it later on. The thrill of writing gives me the same rush that I get for the few seconds I feel that I'm hanging in the air just before zooming down the first big hill on a roller coaster. The contents of this blog during the upcoming month will probably be limited to talk about the novel. I predict that word counts and progress updates will dominate.

I have spread the word to a few choice folk about my the plan, and most people have been enthusiastic. I hope they maintain that encouragement over the next four weeks, especially during those times that characters frustrate me or I've written myself into a corner (I am sure that most of them secretely think I'm insane, but at least they are considerate enough not to say that to my face.).

Although the writing will not officially begin until 12:01 a.m. (and I may stay up just to say that I began at the first moment possible), I already have in mind a basic premise, possible conflicts, the main character's name and some of personality, her age, a couple of secondary characters, and some info about her family. If you happen to read this (and I actually have no idea who's read anything here except for Loraine and my sister), I may ask for information to help the process along. If you're feeling generous, please share some pet stories. It doesn't have to be a complete narrative about the entire life of a pet-- just a few key details (breed, name, personality, quirky traits). Anything you want. I don't promise I will use it (I don't promise I won't use it).
Thanks in advance.


Enjoy your day.

2 comments:

    On 31/3/05 19:15 Anonymous said...

    My family had a calico cat named Cici that my brother used to abuse. He'd always throw her over the couch.

     
    On 1/4/05 08:39 Mel said...

    I've never understood why throwing cats is such great amusement for boys.

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum