Unwelcomed Guest

You may have heard that Stacey and I have a squirrel in our attic. At least, we hope it's just a squirrel. Sometimes it sounds like a person is tromping around up there. Maybe the little guy's just practicing his acrobatic maneuvers.

I hadn't heard him scratching around in a couple of weeks, but last night he made it clear that he is still an attic-dweller. Stacey saw him in the backyard a few days ago and warned him to stay away, but he didn't listen. Just as I was about to drift off to sleep at 1 a.m., I heard the familiar rustling above my bed. Two things made me very irritated: 1) that I was still awake when all I wanted to do was sleep, and 2) that the rodent had the audacity to rustle directly above my bed instead of by the window where I heard him last time. C'mon buddy, give a girl a break. If you must hide out in the attic, at least respect other people's bedtimes. I was awake for another half hour trying to ignore his noises. Even if it was snowing last night, he could have been quieter.

1 comments:

    What id you smoke him out, the way The White Rabbit tried to do with Alice. It almost worked...

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum