And now for the moment you've been waiting for...

Picture CDs are ready! I'll have mine this weekend and be able to share some pictures of the New Orleans trip with you next week.

It's strange how changed and how unchanged I am by the trip. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that the trip made everyone more appreciative of our physical possessions and more aware of the fact that we all have so much more stuff than we really need.

I started packing last night, and I was once again reminded of how much stuff I have. I'm thankful that I have a job that pays pretty well, but my money shouldn't always be going straight into more stuff. I know I could be happy with less. I know I have been happy with less. When I moved into my apartment two years ago, I basically started with a mattress, a tv/vcr, and books. But with the help of friends and family, I have been given a lot more...so much that I am dreading trying to pack it all up.

Then I think back to those people who have lost almost everything. The first house I worked in was a bit more heartbreaking for me because we had to throw away so many books...they were adsolutely unsalvagable.

But seeing that devastation hasn't stopped me from buying more stuff. My latest fascination is X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse. (But it's okay, because I sold back some games I don't play anymore and paid practically nothing for the new one. See? I'm not totally wasteful.)

It's Homecoming week at OC. I think I'm going to the alumni breakfast tomorrow morning (I remember when we all thought it was such a crime to be at an 8 o'clock function on a Saturday. Doesn't seem so awful now.) I used to wonder why so few people (relatively speaking) showed up for Homecoming activities, but now I understand. Sure, it will be nice to see some old friends...if they come. I think my age group is still in that stage where we haven't gotten far enough from our college years to appreciate reuniting in such an organized manner. Oh well. Just cross your fingers that the weekend will provide interesting fodder for next week's blogs.

Enjoy your weekend.

1 comments:

    On 16/11/05 08:25 Anonymous said...

    I'm suffering mel withdrawal. Post or email soooooon!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum