Friday Thoughts

All week I've been trying to get back to editing the book, and all week I've been failing big time. It's not a lack of desire. I've got that in abundance. But when I open up Copywrite, I just end up staring at the words and wondering where I was and how I get back there. So I printed the twelve-ish chapters I had seriously manipulated in the last 3 months and started reading them again. I didn't know what to expect, but it was a decent way to start.

Today I had lunch at a little mafia-themed pizzeria in Edmond. Armed with a slice of pepperoni, I disobeyed the direct order on the pizza rules list and ate most of it with my fork while I finished reading and marking up chapter one.

I felt good about my accomplishments, strangely enough. I didn't take much out, but I added a few bits, and none of it felt like fluff. I'm going to see if I can copy that success in a few more chapters this weekend. Wish me luck.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum