The Official Naming of the Car

On the road trip to Dallas this weekend, the girls (in alphabetical order: Krista, Mandy, and Terra) decided that my car had to have a proper name. I'm not really a hardcore car namer, so the Honda's been nameless for a couple of years.

By the end of the trip, there were no real standout names. Nothing spectacular had happened in (or to) the car, so no names jumped out as major contenders. I'm just glad we didn't have to name her Stuck on the Side of the Road, or Big Charred Crisp, or That Car I Knew.

On Monday I got an email from Krista, and I've got to post part of it because the girl worked really hard, and research always impresses me:

Okay…so I've come up with a suggestion for the name of Mel's car. And, yes, the car has to be named so there's no getting around it...So here's my suggestion: Aurelia

I came up with this because we followed a butterfly all weekend. (Blogger's Note: One of the vehicles in our caravan had a big butterfly on the back of it, and we always managed to follow that car in traffic, hence the butterfly reference.) People who study butterflies are called either lepidopterists or aurelians (I looked it up to make sure that I was correct). Lepidopterist is kind of a mouthful but Aurelia is a pretty name. Mel's car is much better off than the rest of ours…the Purple Wonder, Sergeant and Killer.

So 50 gold stars go to Krista for coming up with a very creative and informative name.

Enjoy your day- it's about 20 degrees cooler than normal out there.

1 comments:

    On 3/9/06 16:56 Krista said...

    Wow...50 gold stars, really? I'm glad you like the name. It was a fun weekend!

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum