Memo to Self

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart, and I will be found by you." -Jeremiah 29:11-13

If you were at Gateway last night this verse probably sounds familiar. (Side note: last night's lesson also marked the only time I can recall an SNL sketch being used in Bible class.) This morning I tacked the verse on my faux cubicle wall right next to my monitor.

Here's my memo to self for the day: God has a plan. I shouldn't try to rush things. They will happen when and if they're supposed to, and the only thing I should focus on is seeking God with all my heart.


*If this post has been too introspective for you, come back tomorrow.

And for Pete's sake, enjoy your day.

1 comments:

    On 4/8/06 06:09 Anonymous said...

    For Pete's sake, I shall. But don't start asking me to do stuff for Tom, whatever you say. That's a little too much. ;)

     

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum