Speed Bump

I don't like to be stressed while driving, but lately every car ride is a safety risk. I don't understand why everyone is in such a hurry. What's so important, people? Traffically speaking, the city (or at least my little corner of it) is full of people who can't seem to a) obey any of those invisible speed limit signs posted, or b) take into consideration the rest of us who are driving near them and would rather make it to Wal-mart peacefully than to be engaged in a collision, a shouting match, or a heart attack. Almost every time I have to drop mail at the post office, I am afraid for my life. No kidding here, folks. What gets me most are not the teenagers/college kids who are blatant in their lawbreaking. It's really the soccer moms in the minivans and SUVs that I don't understand. Okay ladies, here's a question for you: If some one else was driving the way you are and caused a wreck that harmed your children, wouldn't you be furious at that person? And why don't you have the same consideration when it's someone else's kid (or no kid at all...it doesn't really matter)? Attention drivers: you are dangerous. Just because I drive the speed limit (or slightly over) does not give you permission to run me over and/or risk my life with your antics. By the way, the fact that you own a shiny new Lexus does not exempt you from the traffic laws; you are not allowed to run a red light just because you think that we'll all wait while you fly off to your next Botox injection. And yes, when I see a police officer has caught one of you in the act and has pulled you over, I do a silent little cheer. I hope you learn your lesson.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum