The Fruitcake Theory

You may have heard the joke that there's really only one fruitcake in the world, and it just keeps getting passed around every Christmas season.

As I was carrying yet another cardboard box this afternoon, I thought the same might be true of cardboard boxes. Not that there is just one, as I currently have several scattered throughout my house, but that their numbers are fewer than we might think because we keep using the same ones over and over. I didn't have to buy a single box; I got them from offices and friends' offices, and after we empty them this weekend, my sister's friend is going to take all the good ones so she can use them to pack. Who knows how far the boxes will travel before they become too broken down and re-taped to be used again?

I'm moving tomorrow. After a few months of thinking about and planning for the moment, it's finally arrived. I will spend the rest of the evening packing, because my genius plan to be finished a week ago somehow didn't happen. I'm debatin whether or not I can/should go without sleep tonight, if the need arises.

I'm looking forward to getting back to writing. I've really missed it the last couple of weeks.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum