Cue the Theme Song...

I know, I know. I've been neglecting my blog lately. In my defense, after finishing the first draft at the end of last month, I had to take a break. Work got crazy, and then I went on vacation to visit my favorite Loraine (more on that later). Today is my second day back to a life of internet access, but I haven't quite formed the thoughts that I want to put down, so I'm letting them swim around until they're ready.

On another note, I'm going to see Star Wars tonight, and I'm not even a fan. Well...I wasn't a fan until about a week ago, when I finally saw all the movies, delightfully crammed into one week so I could say that I'd seen them all before I left for Tennessee.

It's not that I never tried to watch them before. I remember when I was a kid that they used to play the originals on the USA Network all the time, either that or the Back to the Future trilogy were always on. (Wait...is that network still around? I can't remember.) Anyway, I've seen bits here and there of them, but the sight of Luke getting his hand sliced off just terrified me too much, so I stayed away from the movies. Yep, I'm that much of a pansy, and not afraid to admit it. That same fear also kept me from watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (chicken in the tunnel) and The Wizard of Oz (falling house, Wicked Witch and flying monkeys!).

I have a strange feeling that I'm going to be totally unprepared for this evening, like I'm not worthy of my Star Wars license yet because I don't know enough backstory and can't name most of the random secondary characters. Ah, well. It'll be fun to be surrounded by people who are totally obsessed with something I don't really understand.

Enjoy your day.

0 comments:

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum